3 Quarts of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
5 Cups of Sugar
5 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1. Make Apple Sauce as described in our Apple Sauce Recipe, to the point where sugar would be added.
2. Pour 3 quarts of unsweetened apple sauce into a 4-quart crock pot. Turn crockpot on high.
3. Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cloves. Stir well.
4. Let crockpot on high, uncovered for 8-10 hours stirring approximately every 2 hours.
5. Apple Butter should be thick and dark after 10 hours of cooking.
6. Place apple butter into jars.
7. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Submit your review