8 Tbsp butter, divided
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
3 extra-large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk, room temperature
1 cup (3 oz) coarsely grated Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425*F
2. Generously grease 12 aluminum popover pans or Pyrex custard cups with 6 tablespoons of the butter. If using custard cups, place on abaking sheet with sides not touching.
3. In each cup, divide apples and raisins.
4. Place the muffin tins in the preheated oven for 5 minutes to melt the butter and cook the apples slightly.
5. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until smooth. The batter will be thin.
6. Fill the popover pans less than half full, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Submit your review