8 Cups Sugar
16 Cups Water
4 Cups Clear Jel or Therm-Flo
8 Cups Light Corn Syrup
4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon
16 Quarts Peeled & Diced Apples
1. Heat sugar, salt, and 8 cups of water. Heat until warm, then remove from heat.
2. In another container mix Clear Jel or Therm-Flo with 8 cups of water. Mix well to dissolve Clear Jel or Therm-Flo.
3. Combine both mixtures. Bring to a boil, remove from heat.
4. Add corn syrup and cinnamon to mixture. Stir well.
5. Add peeled and diced apples. Stir well to get apples coated with filling mixture.
6. Place in quart canning jars, filling them only to the “neck” of the jar to allow for expansion while canning.
7. Process in boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from water bath, allow to cool for 24 hours.
Makes approximately 20 quarts of apple pie filling.
Submit your review