5 pounds of caramel
20 Gala or Empire apples
20 wooden sticks or skewers
Metal canning lids
Pinch of Patience
1. Place the caramel pail in a crockpot. Place metal lids on the inside bottom of the crockpot to keep the plastic pail away from the hot crockpot.
2. Fill the gap between the pail and the crockpot with water.
3. Turn the crockpot on high for 5 hours.
4. Stir the caramel every hour, until soft and ready to dip.
5. Place wooden skewers or sticks into center of apples
6. Hold the top of the stick and press the apple into the hot caramel, until the apple is entirely covered.
7. Pull caramel out and allow excess caramel to drizzle off for about 30 seconds. To stop the drizzle, rub the bottom of the apple firmly on the side of the bucket.
8. Roll in the topping of your choice.
9. Caramel keeps indefinitely in a cool dry place, even after heating.
Submit your review