1. Wash peaches. Cut peach in half with a sharp knife. Gently twist peach to get the two halves apart. Remove stone, and peel the peach.
2. Place the peach halves (or dice in bite-size pieces) into quart canning jars. Fill with peaches to the “neck” of the jar.
3. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp sugar on top of peaches. Fill with room temperature water until peaches are covered.
4. Clean rims of the jar, then screw lid and ring on jar securely.
5. Place jars in the pot, and then cover jars with water. Water should be 1/2″ above lid jars. Turn the burner on high, cover pot.
6. When water reaches a gentle rolling boil, then turn to medium heat. Keep a gentle boil for 8 minutes.
7. After 8-10 minutes, remove jars from water.
8. Allow cooling for 24 hours.
9. Enjoy for up to 1 year.
Submit your review