1/2 meduim-size spaghetti squash
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar ( or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 green onion, chopped
1. Place squash, cut down, on a microwave-safe plate.
2. Add a few tablespoons of water; cover; and microwave on high for 2 or 3 minutes until the flesh is crisp but can be separated with a fork.
3. Let stand for 2 minutes.
4. Discard seeds and pull flesh apart with a fork to create strands( 2 cups to 2 1/4 cups needed). Cool.
5. Combine orange juice, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
6. Add squash strands, cilantro, red pepper, and onion.
7. Toss to blend and chill well.
Yields 4 to 5 servings.
Submit your review