6 quarts of sliced cucumbers (Use 4″-6″ cucumbers. Slice 1/4″ thick.)
1/3 cup salt
6 medium onions, sliced thin
2 cups of vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. turmeric
2 cups of water
1 1/2 tsp. celery seed
5 cups of sugar
1. Arrange cucumbers and onions in alternate layers.
2. Sprinkle salt on top.
3. Cover with boiling water.
4. Let set 3 hours, then drain.
5. Fill jars with cucumber onion mixture.
6. Bring vinegar syrup to boil.
7. Pour over cucumbers and onions in jars. Fill to the neck of the jar.
8. Clean rims and place lids on.
9. Place jars in a canner.
10. Cover jars with water. Bring to a rolling boil for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from heat.
Yields 7 Quarts
Submit your review
Wrong name for recipe
Thank you for pointing the error out. The recipe ingredients and directions have been updated.