1. Rinse asparagus in cold water.
2. Fill a skillet with 1/2 inch o0f water.
3. Bring water to a boil and add 20 large spears, or 3 to 4 cups of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces and 1/2 to 1 tsp. of salt.
4. Return to a boil then reduce heat and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender and crisp.
6. Serve with browned butter, or sprinkle with hard-boiled eggs, cheese, or grated parmesan cheese.
Yields 6 servings.
1. Cut or break off tough ends.
2. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
3. Leave whole or cut into 1 or 2 inch length pieces.
4. Water blanch small stalks 1/2 to 2 minutes, medium stalks 2 to 3 minutes, and large stalks 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Drain, then lay on trays in single layers to freeze.
6. When frozen, pack in freezer bags or boxes.
Submit your review