1. Rinse Brussel sprouts
2. Trim off outer leaves.
3. Cut an X on the stem end to help sprouts cook more evenly.
4. bring one inch of water to a boil in a 2 qt. kettle.
5. Add 3 1/2 to 4 cups sprouts and 1/2 to 1 tsp. salt.
6. Cover and return to a boil.
7. Reduce heat.
8. Simmer small sprouts 4-5 min., medium s[routs5-8 min. or large sprouts 8-12 min.
9. Overcooking will cause sprouts to become soggy and strong flavored. Drain.
10. Add butter and serve.
11. Use leftover sprouts sliced into omelets, salads or stir fry.
Submit your review