1. Rinse green beans, cut both ends of the bean off.
2. Cut beans in 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
3. Bring water to a boil in a 2 qt. saucepan
4. Add 4 cups of cut green beans and 1 tsp. salt.
5. Return to a boil.
6. Reduce heat.
7. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until tender and crisp.
9. Serve with brown butter.
1. Brown chopped onion in butter, add to cooked beans and toss lightly.
2. Sprinkle buttered beans with pieces of crumbled bacon or parmesan cheese.
3. Brown slivered almonds in butter. Mix lightly with cooked beans, then serve.
1. Snip both ends of beans.
3. Leave whole, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
4. Blanch for 3 minutes cool immediately in cold water; drain and package into containers.
Yields 6 servings.
Submit your review