3 cups sliced and cooked red beets. (Brecknock Orchard canned red beets work great for this recipe)
3 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tsp vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 tsp salt
1. Drain Beet Juice. And add enough water to beet juice to make 1 1/2 cups.
2. Mix corn starch, sugar, and salt.
3. Stir into beet liquid, vinegar, and melted butter.
4. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
5. Remove from heat. Add beets. Let stand for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
6. Heat to serving temperature to serve.
Submit your review